Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week 32: To Know and be Known of God **Repost**

**Reposted from this week**

Dear Friends,


I am so excited about this weeks talk and the subject matter. While I was researching for the talk I had an experience that prompted a thought that I should study and get to know the Savior better. I decided that by the law of attraction if I where to study the Savior and His characteristics that maybe just maybe I would attract some of those into my life and I would be a better wife and mother. It is amazing how these thoughts started and how the ways were given to begin my study. I want invite you all on my journey, "To Know and to Be Known of God". Over the next few weeks I will study some of the characteristics of Christ. I thought I would base my studies on these scriptures found in Alma 9:26-27 "...the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, equity, and truth, full of patience, mercy, and long suffering, quick to hear the cries of His people and to answer their prayers. And behold, He cometh to redeem those who will be baptized unto repentance, through faith on His name." If you have a great talk or insight on any of these characteristics please feel free to share!


Here is one of my favorite quotes from this weeks talk. I think it sums up why it is so important for us all to come unto the Savior and to know Him and and be known of Him. "The more we know of Jesus, the more we will love Him. The more we know of Jesus the more we will trust Him. The more we know of Jesus, the more we will want to be like Him and to be with Him by becoming the manner of men and women that He wishes us to be." [Neal A. Maxwell, "Plow in Hope", Ensign, May 2001, 60]


Enjoy the journey,

Shauntell

MP3 link:




In a revelation given through the Prophet Joseph Smith to David Whitmer, we are told that eternal life "is the greatest of all the gifts of God" (D&C 14:7). When we understand that the entire work and glory of the Savior is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39), a most significant question for us is "How do we obtain eternal life?" The Savior provided the key in His great intercessory prayer recorded by John, the beloved apostle: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (John 17:3). The key, then, to eternal life is to know God the Father and Jesus Christ.
Read the rest HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment