Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Week 31: Sister Julie B. Beck

Dear Friends,

I have been anxiously awaiting the posting of this talk by Sister Beck so that I could share it with you. I hope it lifts and inspires you as it has me. I am so grateful for Sister Beck's leadership at this critical time and for her willingness to teach and counsel us so clearly. I know that she has been foreordained to lead us at this pivitoltime in the earth's history. She speaks with urgency about holding emergency meetings, gaining more fromour temple worship, and details how we can qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation--the single most important ability we can acquire in this life. I know as we study and ponder her words and work to apply them, great and eternal blessings will come to each of us and our families.

Love and Blessings,




Video Link




As I have thought about this meeting, I have had the Spirit confirm to me that this—like many other meetings that I have enjoyed while visiting South America, Central America, Mexico, and other parts of the world this past year, and that I have felt every time I meet with the sisters of the Church—is an emergency meeting and a training meeting, a time for us to learn. I feel a great urgency for the daughters of God to do all they need to do to strengthen and lift not only themselves, their families, sisters who are in their wards, but also the world. I feel that the sisters in this Church who know and understand their covenants will be a significant force in helping this world, which seems to have lost its moral moorings.


If the sisters who have made covenants with God know what they are supposed to do, that they are in for the long haul, and that they are in with all their faith, then this world will be okay and we will be all right. The theme of the conference is, “Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you. Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.”1 What a beautiful theme.

As we visit today I will cover three things. What it means to choose to serve the Lord, what that spirit is that is put upon us, and how we walk with the Lord.  Read the rest HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment