Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Week 51: Bring Him Home

Hi everyone – This was a Priesthood talk so there isn’t an MP3 but I really wanted to share it with you. I really wanted to get this out to you. “I’ll be home for Christmas…” It reminded me that we all long to be HOME – to return with Heavenly Father and with our Savior. Are we doing what we need to have the light of Christ shine through us?

This is oft times a times a min by min process. There have often been struggles in my home recently as I and my husband strive to be righteous empowering parents to our teen-age son and our other two children. I was humbled by the story of Jack and his father and reflected on how I was/am doing in my parenting.As I read Emily’s story I pondered on how I am doing in being the answer to the prayers of God’s children. I asked for forgiveness and offered a plea to help me do better.

I pray that we will strive to LIVE so that we may hear the affirming words and feel the Spirit bear witness – “Well done, thou good and faithful servant”.

Merry Christmas everyone!



Bring Him Home

President Thomas S. Monson
First Counselor in the First Presidency

Thomas S. Monson, “Bring Him Home,” Ensign, Nov 2003, 56

We can, with the Lord’s help, reach out and rescue those for whom we have responsibility.


My dear brethren, it is a humbling experience to stand before you this evening and to realize that beyond the imposing audience in this, the Conference Center, many hundreds of thousands of priesthood bearers are similarly assembled throughout the world.

While contemplating the responsibility to speak to you, I recalled a definition of priesthood authority declared by President Stephen L Richards. Said he: “The Priesthood is usually simply defined as ‘the power of God delegated to man.’ This definition, I think, is accurate. But for practical purposes I like to define the Priesthood in terms of service and I frequently call it ‘the perfect plan of service.’ ” 1

To Read More Go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment