Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Week 49: Opening the Heavens



Hello Friends!

As we welcome the Christmas Season, I have pondered how I can keep my
focus on the Savior and make it one where I am filled with the Spirit
and spiritually nurtured each day. I want so much to hear those quiet
promptings to assist others and to feel connected with My Heavenly
Father each day. I was deeply touched by Elder Kikuchi's article
"Opening the Heavens" in the August Ensign. His insights and testimony
are inspiring and encouraging. I also appreciate his tender sharing of
Elder Melvin J. Ballard's sacred dream. How I have come to treasure
those early morning minutes when I can enjoy my own "Sacred Grove" to
drink deeply from the scriptures and the words of Apostle's and
Prophets. I have found the early morning hours to be the time I am least
distracted by the cares of the day. How grateful I am that we have the
sweet privilege and opportunity of praying to our Father in Heaven
without restriction or limitation. I testify that He does rush to
answer every earnest prayer and that our Savior lives and He stands by
to lift and succor us. How grateful I am for the Gift of the Holy Ghost
in our lives to teach, testify, comfort, and sanctify us.

A blessed Christmas Season to each of you!

Much love,




MP3 Link


Do you want to feel the love of God more powerfully in your life? Do you want to feel more in tune with His Spirit? Do you want to have the heavens opened to you daily?

There is a way you can feel a daily renewal of God’s everlasting love and drink from “the fountain of living waters” (1 Nephi 11:25). It follows a pattern set by the Prophet Joseph Smith when he went to a grove of trees early one morning in 1820 seeking answers to his questions. I speak of a morning devotional time spent in prayer, meditation, and scripture study. If you have a devotional every morning, even if only for a few minutes, you will be deeply blessed. I know this to be true.

Continue reading this article HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment