Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Welcome Noni!

Once again I would love to introduce another contributor to The Talk of the Week. Noni recently emailed me looking for an opportunity to share her testimony with others. I am so thrilled for her help and spirit to be a part of this site. Welcome Noni we can't wait to learn and grow from your experiences and testimony!

I was born in Logan, Utah and spent my school years in Snowflake, Arizona. I met my awesome husband the second month I attended Ricks College. In June of 1985, after he returned from serving a mission, we married in the Logan Temple and I graduated from BYU in December of that year. We spent 8 of our first married years in Canada-- Magrath, Alberta and Hamilton, Ontario--where 3 of our sons were born. We moved to Utah 15 years ago.

I am becoming a woman of Faith. I strive to live each day with eternal goals in mind. The past three years, I have grown immensely as I have been stretched and challenged. I have learned to rely on our Father in Heaven and the Savior as never before. Most of all, I have learned to trust Them and Their perfect plan for each of us. The days I let Them steer my ship, my life is much sweeter, despite the difficulties, than the times I rely on my own strength and insights. I know as we each allow Them to guide our daily activities, we can feel the peace and joy that come from being in Their service and doing exactly what They would have us do each day. I am daily striving to be more like Them and know that our joys increase as we do this. I am also learning to better hear and heed the Spirit and I am so grateful for His direction in my life. I know our safety depends on each of us developing this Gift. Most of all, I want to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to fulfill His purposes while I have the privilege of being here on earth. I love being a wife and mother to five wonderful sons, and my desire is that each person I have contact with each day feels better for the time we have shared and that somehow I might assist in bringing the light of the Gospel to them.

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't have found a better person to join "talk of the week". I grew up across the street from Noni in Snowflake and she has always been an inspiration to me. I am looking forward to hearing more from her. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us!
    Kelli "Johnson" Beatty

    ReplyDelete