Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week 37: Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ

As I thought on this awesome opportunity to share a talk this week, one of my favorites immediately came to mind. As I have pondered and prayed about it, confirmation came that this is the one to share. I was privileged to sit in the Marriott Center when Sheri Dew delivered “Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ” in May of this year. I was changed from the inside out by her powerful insights and the Spirit bearing witness that she was speaking truth. Each time I review her message, new ideas come to mind about how I can better use my influence and my life as a ministry. As I sat listening, I wished every sister the world over would have the opportunity to hear her message as it had such power to propel improvement. I hope as you read/listen to her talk, you too will be infused with energy and determination to “Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ.”

Challenge: Ask throughout each day this week, “Why has the Lord brought me here today?” “What would He have me do to build up others and the kingdom?” “ How can I better use my influence for good?” and then take action.

I thoroughly enjoy Conference. It is my favorite opportunity to regroup spiritually. I am infused with a spiritual transfusion that lifts and inspires me and gives me my “marching orders” if you will for the next 6 months. As I prayerfully listen, I am given personal revelation for specific things I can to do to improve and be a more effective instrument for the Lord to use. I hope it is that for you too!


~Noni



MP3 Link

Text Link:

(click the link above for a PDF version of this talk)


Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ - Sheri L. Dew

1 comment:

  1. I loved this talk. Sister Dew's desire to be an instrument for the Holy Ghost and the Lord inspires and lifts my heart. I feel empowered by the Spirit to go and do as we have been counseled to do. Thanks Noni! And thanks to all of you who make this opportunity to serve and live my life as a ministry possible! I love you all, truly my prayers go out in your behalf each week. May you all be blessed and strive to come unto the Savior, and Lord, Jesus Christ!
    ~love Shauntell

    ReplyDelete