Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week 21: What Have I Done For Someone Today?

Back in March I told you of a wonderful, spiritual experience I had at my Stake Conference. I learned a lot, took many notes as the spirit prompted me, and I have begun to apply those things in my life more fully. It is with a heavy heart that I write to you today as this is all that is left of my beautiful stake center...

I live in the Joplin Missouri Stake and as many of you have already heard in news report after news report Joplin has suffered a devastating tornado which has left this beautiful city in shambles. Joplin has been reduced to rubble, even our dear sweet Stake President Creed Jones was unable to escape the devastation. However, with eternal perspective in mind his family is together, safe and sound. Right now that's what matters most.



In thinking about what occurred in Joplin on Sunday afternoon I felt like there were 2 things I could share with you this week.

The first is the website www.ldstornado.org

This is the website the church uses to assign out work orders in helping the victims of this horrific tornado. If you are able to help in anyway possible please check this website first.

The second is a beautiful talk by our Prophet President Thomas S. Monson which reminds us that our hands are the Lord's hands. Have you done any good today?



Read the talk HERE

I would like to challenge you this next week to remember those that are down trodden, those that have lost their homes, clothes, pets, friends, family members, schools, meetinghouses and so much more. Though far or near the people of Joplin could use your prayers and your service. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment