Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 22: The Divine Nature and Destiny of Women

Hello Friends,

This week's talk is "The Divine Nature and Destiny of Women" a BYU
Devotional given by Glenn L. Pace March 9, 2010. I am grateful for Elder
Pace's inspired teaching which has helped me to see my nature and gifts
as a daughter of God with a new perspective. I found his teaching about
the Creation most insightful and his teaching about the roles of women
in marriage most encouraging. I feel newly inspired after reading and
pondering his counsel to better fulfill my roles as a woman, mother and
wife. What a sweet and tender privilege it is to be a woman during the
winding up scenes and to have the blessings and teaching of the Gospel
to direct our lives. I especially appreciated his teaching of the
essential roles of male and female and their interplay together to
achieve exaltation. I hope his words will lift and inspire you as they
have me.

A wonderful summer of creating good to each of you,





MP3 Link



The Family: A Proclamation to the World” states:
All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose.1
My focus this morning will be on the divine nature and destiny of women and the sacred role they play in the sanctification and purification of men.
I’m going to start by giving you two exclusive scoops. First, males and females are different. Second, those differences are more than physical.
I developed a love and appreciation for womanhood in my childhood. My mother, sisters, grandmas, aunts, and female cousins and friends brought immeasurable love into my young life. This set the stage for the adult relationships with my wife, daughters, and granddaughters.
All of the above have contributed to my feelings of reverence, adoration, and even veneration of righteous women.  Read the rest HERE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment