Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week 24: What Greater Goodness Can We Know: Christlike Friends

I have had the opportunity to spend some time each week “dark” and early with a good friend of mine.  We pray for each other, for our husbands and for God’s direction in our lives.  This has been such a huge blessing in my life.  When I heard this talk, I knew that I had to share it because I find so much joy in having Christlike friends in my life.  I pray that you will find great friends who lift you, love you and help bring you to Christ!

Have a blessed week - 




MP3 Link



Kathleen H. Hughes
A few weeks ago my husband and I attended a temple session. As we entered, we were greeted by a temple worker, a dear friend from our ward. That greeting began a remarkable experience for us. We were met and served, more than any time I remember, by many people we knew: friends from previous wards, friends from the community, men and women we had served with in various callings. The last person I encountered was a young woman I didn't recognize. She was lovely, and when she began to speak, I immediately remembered: Robin, one of the young women in my Laurel class when I was first a Young Women president. As we visited and exchanged memories and life updates, she told me how much that time had meant to her. I felt the same way. I left the temple feeling moved by so much kindness, aware how important friends have been to me throughout my life. The Lord has touched my spirit time and again, and more often than not, His touch has reached me through the hand of a friend. Read the rest HERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment