Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 18: Let Us Rejoice Together

Once again we have a 5th Thursday which means we share something that has helped us recently. This week instead of full talks that have been helpful I thought it would be a great treat to share a quote or saying that help us. One of my favorites I found in the book I am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson. She quoted Elder Jeffrey R. Holland from his book, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. This quote has been a great anchor for me during times of hard decisions and personal growth. I hope you will enjoy the message for you.

"In those crucial moments of pivotal personal history we must submit ourselves to God even when all our hopes and fears may tempt us otherwise. We must be willing to place all we have-not just our possessions....but also our ambition and pride, and stubbornness, and vanity, on the Altar of God, kneel in silent submission, and willingly walk away."


Please feel free to share your favorite quote or thought by either posting it as a comment to this post or emailing it to me at talkoftheweek@gmail.com and I will post it for you.

The opportunity to learn the gospel is just as important as the admonition to teach the gospel. In D&C 50: 22, we read the following: "Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together." Let us teach and receive of one another so we can ALL be edified and rejoice together in the sweetness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Have a joy-full week~

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite scriptural quotes is from Esther 4:14. Mordecai asks her, "...who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a btime as this?" It reminds me that I came to the Earth with specific talents and gifts and to "win" and complete specific challenges and tests. It gives me couarge to know that God is mindful of me and that I CAN, like Nephi do all that he has commanded me to do.

    ReplyDelete