Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Week 47: And Always Remember Him

Dear Friends,

As we approach the celebration of the birth of the Savior, I thought it was appropriate to share this beautiful talk about “remembering Him”.

I pray that we can all enjoy some quiet stillness in the midst of all the hustle and bustle to remember Him - always remember Him. The question that most helped me as I read and listened to this talk was – “When you remember to remember the Savior, what is it specifically that you contemplate?”

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Have a wonderful week!

Sarah



I am humbled this morning to share a few words and pray I might say some things that will increase our desire and ability to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for university devotionals. They are a nice break from academic work and let us focus on the weightier matters of the kingdom. I know you students appreciate the chance to get away from writing papers and studying for exams. I have heard how difficult some of those exams can be.

I was told of a zoology professor who is so tough a grader that nobody has ever received an A in his course. Last semester, history was being made because an especially bright student had A’s on the two midterms. If he could get an A on the final he would have the first A in this professor’s class—ever. The final test was on birds, and so the student practically memorized the three chapters on birds. He went to the library, checked out extra readings, and felt ready for anything that might appear on the final........To read more of this talk please follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment