Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Welcome Sarah!

I have been asking for help with the Talk of the Week and my good friend of almost 10 years, Sarah, gladfully accepted. She will be contributing to the Talk of the Week every third week of the month. I would still love a few more contributors if you are interested please let me know by email. I am so excited for you to get to know Sarah and her sweet spirit. Here is a little bit about her:


I am a mother, wife, daughter, friend, mentor and business owner. I grew up in a small town in central NJ and then in 1992 I moved to ID to attend college. I met and fell in love with the man of my dreams and we were married in the SLC, Temple on General Conference weekend.
In 1996, I graduated from USU with a Bachelor’s of Science and a few weeks later became a mother. It’s been nearly 15 years since I was married and I now have 3 strong-willed and valiant children. I can honestly say that the last 6 years I have been on the steepest learning curve of my whole life. I have been blessed both temporally and spiritually in ways I never dreamed. This year I am working on lifting others, listening intently and trusting God in all areas of my life.
Since I was a little girl I have listened to conference talks and the scriptures. My mom would play them on a small tape recorder while she hand-washed dishes, made dinner, or even while we were driving in the car. When I started my own family we started listening to the CDs of the scriptures as well as General Conference. Now we simply put them on our IPOD. Whatever the medium of listening, I have been strengthened throughout my life to hear the voice of the God. I know he loves each of us. We are his children and because we are His he blesses us each day and encourages us to lift, heal, edify, strengthen, love, learn and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment