Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Week 48: That Our Children Might See the Face of the Savior

Hello Friends,

Happy December!  I hope this Christmas Season will be one of joy and peace for you.  As I have looked forward to sharing this month, I reviewed Sister Cheryl C. Lant's April 2010 Conference Talk "That Our Children Might See the Face of the Savior."  Is there anything we want more for ourselves  or our children than to see the face of the Savior? Christmastime gives us a unique opportunity to remember and seek Him more as we are given extra daily reminders of our Savior and His love for us.  I have two friends who have recently shared ideas about remembering Him during this season-- one adorns her tree with pictures of the Savior, another's daughter found their ornament of the baby Jesus and asked where they should place in on their tree--then responded, "Right in Front!" Isn't that where we want the Savior to be now and always?

I appreciate Sister Lant's insights on what we can do to see the face of the Savior.  She teaches that coming to Christ and eventually seeing His face, comes only as we draw close to Him through our faith and our actions.  It comes from a lifetime of effort.  As we seek to bring our children to the Savior, we also bring ourselves. First, we must Love the Lord with all our hearts and we must love our Children. Second, we must be a worthy example by continually seeking the Lord and striving to live the Gospel. Third, we must teach our children the Gospel and how to live its teachings.

She asks, "What do my children see when they look at my face?  Do they see the image of the Savior in my countenance because of how I live my life?...we are the ones given a sacred, noble stewardship ...to encircle today's children with love and the fire of faith and and understanding of who they are...we are the angels that Heavenly Father has sent today to bless the children...we can help them see the face of the Savior as we teach principles of the gospel and fill our homes with the joy of living them. "

May this be a wonderful season of seeking the Savior for each of us.

Much love,

Noni

Video

Text

No comments:

Post a Comment