Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 46: Be Still and Know God

This week I was late on posting but I believe it was for the best. Yesterday I was feeling very tormented about some things that are not within my control. Some things that have more to do with someone elses' agency than me fixing myself or the situation. Being in the spot of no control is a huge challenge for me.



While I was feeling the terrible weight of my concerns. I took a moment to pray and to listen. What came to my mind was these words, "Be Still and Know That I am God". I then felt prompted to listen to my favorite hymn " Be Still, My Soul", Hymn Number 124. These too messages brought me so much peace as I realized that God is my Heavenly Father and that his Son, my Savior will both lift me and lighten the burdens I am required to carry in his service.



I found this beautiful talk given at BYU and can testify that the things she suggests to do can bring peace to our souls.



May you hall have a blessed week.



All my love,






MP3 Link

Video Link

Be Stil, My Soul -Hymn #124

No comments:

Post a Comment