Welcome to the Talk Of The Week Club. I began this club as a way to share my love of learning and growing in the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and desire is for you to learn and grow in your faith and love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Each Thursday a new talk will be posted, come back, open your heart and mind, allow yourself to receive and I promise you will be spiritually fed.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Week 45: Thanksgiving

I am thankful.

I am thankful that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with 5 of his choice spirits.

I am thankful for my husband and the ability that we had to enter into the temple and be sealed together, not just for time, for all eternity.

I am thankful for Christ’s atonement. I have seen it work wonders in my life. He died for my sins. He died for your sins. He died for the sins of the world. He did it all for us.

I am thankful for the Prophet Joseph Smith’s humble prayers to our Heavenly Father and for the restoration of the fullness of the Gospel on the earth.

I am thankful for the opportunity that the Lord has given me to serve as an instrument in his hands to further his work.

I am thankful for a loving father in Heaven who gave me EVERYTHING. Everything I have and everything I need.

Yes, I am thankful.

~Alida

MP3 link
Thanksgiving - LeGrand Richards



I greet each one of you individually and feel proud to think that you would have enough interest to come here to this devotional and listen to the oldest living General Authority of the Church. I have outlived them all by many years.

I enjoyed the opening prayer, the beautiful music of the choir, the introduction given by your wonderful president, and your presence here this morning. What a beautiful day. What a glorious opportunity to be able to meet and worship in the name of the Lord, our God.
I have talked here so many times, I've almost run out of subjects. In trying to decide what I might say to you today that would be appropriate, I was reminded that next week we will celebrate Thanksgiving Day all over this great land of freedom and liberty in which we are privileged to live. And I thought of the words of the Lord to the Prophet Joseph contained in the Doctrine and Covenants where the Lord said that "against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things" (D&C 52:21). If we stop to think about it, there isn't one thing that we have in this world that we are not indebted to the Lord for. He created the earth and placed everything upon it--the fish of the sea, the fowl of the air, the animals, the trees, the flowers, the fruit, the vegetables, the seeds with power to reproduce themselves. And then he created man and put him upon the earth and gave him dominion over it all. Isn't that wonderful? And then he enabled man and the animals and those other forms of life to reproduce themselves.......... To view more of this talk click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment